Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wrong again!

Oh I hate, no... HATE being wrong!! I know it happens quite often, but I especially hate it when it affects other people. Take today for instance. I ran the Scenic River Race 5k(it's run around the river) this morning. It started at 8:30(my final time was 39 minutes, which was better than I'd expected since I've done zero training this year). I had signed the kids up to run the 1 mile kids race(and paid $10 each for the priviledge), which I thought began at 10:30. They were all so excited! When we arrived "early" at 10:20, we discovered the race had begun at 10, and the last of the racers were crosing the finish line. I was so mad at myself! As you can tell by the above picture, Sarah was mad at me too. The boys ended up running it anyway, and Clint timed them, but they were all out of medals by the time we were done. We were told we'd get the medals mailed to us, but I don't really see that happening. After the run we went over to the closing ceremony where we got free ice cream and bread and the kids got to play in this jumpy thing, and had fun rolling down the hill(see video). In all I think the morning ended well enough, but I'm still mad at myself.

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

Awwwww..... it happens. Someday they'll all say, "Hey, Mom! Remeber when we missed the race..." and then they'll spend time on the jumpy thing and the rolling hill. It's all good.

((HUGS))