Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Never wash a jelly roll!!

Do you know what a jelly roll is? It's 40 strips of coordinating fabric, 2 1/2 inches wide by 44 inches long. And it comes all rolled up in a cute little package. Here's what it looks like out of the package.

Here's what it looks like out of the washing machine. I spent 90 minutes straightening this mess out!!

Here's one thing I made with it. It's a baby quilt that I still need to bind.

It was probably an obvious thing to most of you who have ever bought a jelly roll, but I learned my lesson the hard way.

4 comments:

M and D said...

See and here I thought we were talking about food. I thought to myself "duh Mel, of course you don't wash a jelly roll...just put in the frig!" LOL. Love ya and lots of hugs...

Claire said...

it's ok mel...i PROMISE i would have done the same thing!

The Francis Family said...

Love that blanket. You should start a website and sell what you make. I know Amy is hoping that is hers.

Harris Beach Bums said...

I love it!!