Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lots to tell

Scout day camp:
We had so much fun at scout camp this year. Look at this giant ball we played soccer with! It was actually pretty dangerous. Most kids got knocked over or injured in some way, but they were tough.
They got to climb walls, shoot arrows, run a bike course, make cotton candy, and lots of other fun things.I love these boys!

4th of July: We were blessed to have Clint's siblings here for the 4th. We partied all weekend!!
Cute little Jake
Roman and Kate

We watched the fireworks together behind our elementary school. They are always so impressive!
Michael..so handsome!
Grandpa and Grace
Little mothers:
I've been able to have Amy's kids with me this week. Emma and Sarah decided they wanted to make a pillow and a blanket for Emma's little sister who is being born this month. We went to the store and they picked out fabric. We came home and cut and sewed and stuffed and their projects turned out so cute!Of course, it took all the patience and self-control I could muster to let them sew, especially Sarah because she didn't think she needed any help. So the sewing is crooked and who knows how long the blanket will last, but I think she's happy with the outcome.And I've been making more skirts lately. These patterns are fun, easy, and the finished result is so darling!

5 comments:

M and D said...

WOW, I wish we could be there for all the fun! The skirts are SO CUTE! Miss you all...

Northern Nickle Clan said...

That stuff is so cute, Melanie! Awesome!!!!! Good to see how you guys are doing!:)

Par 5 said...

I don't think I'll ever get over how talented you are...sewing, scout day camp, etc...I just love your family!

Julie Smith said...

Aw, summer. I'm torn between being horrified and thrilled that it is half over. The girls could definitely use some school time but I can't fathom starting grade watch 2010-11 for the boys. Yikes.

Anonymous said...

Mel - our cub scout day camp was yesterday! I love this calling - been at it 2 1/2 years. It's so fun!