Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday cheer

I found this great chocolate mold of the nativity. Michael was going to sell them as a fundraiser but it didn't quite work out so I made a bunch for gifts. I also made some with white chocolate.


On Friday we had our ward Christmas party. As part of the evening we performed the play/musical "The Ten Virgins". It's a very beautiful musical that tells a story of a "shopkeeper" who makes everyone their own unique lamps. Each woman uses her lamp in a different way(some wisely, some foolishly). I was a wise virgin. We each had a speaking part and a solo singing part. We'd been practicing every week for 2 months. I had my part so down! Of course, the night of the performance I choked and did the worst I'd ever done. Such is life. Sadly, no one took any pictures of us all in our costumes or I'd post one. Everyone looked so cool. We even each had a real lamp from Israel! It was a great experience(despite my utter mess of it all).
School is out for the rest of the year. My kids are so happy, and there's a big change in Josh who is so much less stressed during vacation times. I plan to make a "year in review" post as soon as I figure out how to do a few things. Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

The chocolate looks awesome! I wish I could have seen some pics - and I bet you didn't botch it as bad as you thought you did. ;)

I'm in Texas btw... :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!