Thursday, December 4, 2008

hot chocolate anyone?

First of all let me say that my substituting jobs are going well. I've only taught 2 days but have 3 more scheduled, and I enjoyed it.
This picture is of Sarah. She'd been begging me to set up a lemonade stand. Well, I tried to explain that it was too cold for lemonade so she insisted on doing a hot chocolate stand instead. By the time I got everything all set up, she was turning blue from the cold. Our neighbor stopped by to drop something off, but didn't have any change. I gave her some coins so she could buy some hot chocolate. Sarah was so happy. Then we packed everything up and closed shop because it was too cold. The things we do for our kids!

4 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

Ohhh - we would have stopped by and bought some if we'd have known - we were in the area today. It was COLD!!!!

Par 5 said...

These are the kinds of things you need to go public with because for sure we would have made the drive for some hot chocolate! :) You are so good to let her do things like that! She is so so cute!

The Francis Family said...

The kids nextdoor to us do things like this too. I love to support them, but as you know, the kids only think they make $, and I'm pretty sure the parents lose $. Now put her hot co co stand out on Anderson, it could be a $$ maker, especially with Sarah all bundled up outside. Make Clint supervise her all day (I'm sure he has lots of free time and loves the cold)

. said...

ok, emma and i totally would have come for hot chocolate! let sarah know that we'll be there if she ventures into the cold again!