Michael was accepted into the People to People student ambassador program. To learn more about this program click on the link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_to_people
In the summer they will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. He is so excited, but we need raise the money...over $7,000!! We may be sending family members a request for donations soon. He is currently running a candy store at his school with plans to contact local business owners for sponserships. There are also scholarships available through the program itself that we will apply for. Any help would be appreciated! Here's to Japan!!
Dad.
6 years ago

3 comments:
Melanie, when I was in high school I went to New Zealand for a cheerleading thing and had to raise the money for it. One thing I did that was so HUGE was just asked businesses around town for sponsors. Sometimes the program will have tax exempt things for the businesses and stuff. So you might want to look into that.
I agree with Suzette. We know a homeschool family who did this for their son - he went to Hawaii. They got sponsers from all the businesses and did really well.
So glad for him - what an opportunity!
Congrats Mel! I gave you a blogger award on my blog! :)
Post a Comment