Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wrecked!


We were on our way home yesterday when we were hit by a Chevy truck. The truck was coming out of an alley and started to slide on ice just as we were passing it. I had all the kids in the car, but no one was hurt. I was the only one wearing a seat belt too, but when the kids heard a police officer was coming to write a report, they all buckled up and sat that way for a 1/2 hour until the officer arrived. I've already called the man's insurance company and filed a claim so I'm hoping the process won't take too long. It 's not a very pretty sight!

8 comments:

Julie Smith said...

Bummer!

The Francis Family said...

Glad everyone's OK, but still painful to see. Hope your van gets fixed quick.

Anonymous said...

Aw man! What a bummer. Glad everyone is okay. Van number two darn it. Hang in there and good luck with the insurance company and repairs. They both can be difficult at times......

Emily Usher said...

Wow!! I am glad to hear that you are all alright. Two vans crunched. maybe you all should try a different vehicle. Just kidding!!
Hope everything works out.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Glad you guys are alright!

Pirate Princess said...

Looks awful, but the good news is you're all ok... Sometimes those can take a few weeks to be handled, so we'll pray it's sped up for ya!

Anonymous said...

What a pain! I'm glad everyone is fine. I'll bet your kids couldn't wait to tell everyone they know about how a truck hit you.

Kristee and Jared said...

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Glad everyone is okay!