This is a story from Clint's archive of stories...
He lived one summer with his cousins in St. George. One Fast Sunday his younger cousin, Adam, came into sacrament meeting late. There was a lull in the testimonies and Adam asked what was going on. Clint and David(Adam's older brother) said, "Didn't the bishop catch you? He wanted you to say the closing prayer! Hurry! Everyone's waiting!" Adam promptly stood, walked to the podium, bowed his head, and said the closing prayer. He then proceeded to his seat amidst the confused stares of the congregation because, you see, there was still 30 minutes left of sacrament meeting! The Bishop stood, thanked Adam for his prayer, and let everyone know they would continue on with the rest of the meeting.
"Dumb jerks!" was Adam's comment to his brother and cousin who were literally rolling on the floor laughing.
Clint tells this story better than me and I laugh until I cry every time I hear it.
Dad.
6 years ago

4 comments:
I would die!!!!!!!!!
Katie
that's horrible. hopefully it didn't destroy him
mandy
lol!!!!!
lovely quilt you made...
Chad and I laughed so hard at this. It's funny when it's not you that it happend to. Poor Adam.
Post a Comment