The Pinewood Derby was Thursday. The pack allows younger siblings to enter a car too so Sarah designed one.
Here they are...Sarah's(heart block), Josh's(golden flame), Caleb's(Greased Lightening)

Sixteen cars were entered.
You may not be able to tell in this video, but one side of the track was faster than the other. So, if your cars were close in speed and you started out on the faster side of the track, you would win. That's what happened when Josh and Sarah raced. No one, however, beat Caleb. Everyone was suprised at how fast Sarah's block car was. All we did was sand it(axels and wheels too), add weight and paint it.

The overall pack winners: Caleb - 1st, Josh-2nd, and Sarah 3rd. Yes it's true. I feel a little guilty about it. They should have given Sarah's ribbon to the next Scout winner. But they didn't "present" us with the ribbons, they just handed them to us when no one was watching. And everyone received a certificate(ie "The Prettiest Car", or "The Best hand carved" car etc.)
2 comments:
I know with the boys coming up I've got to get more into this, but I admit the prospect of making a car out of wood does absolutely NOTHING for me. Ugh.
Congrats on all the wins! :)
I guess we need to have you all help my kids with their cars next time!
Post a Comment