On Sat. Clint and I thought it would be fun to take the kids on a nice little hike through the mountains for a picnic at a lake. We picked one that took us up to a lake above Palisades. I'm not sure what we were thinking when we read that it was a "4 mile hike up to the lake" I was thinking 4 miles round trip. I was wrong. It was 4 miles 1 way, 8+ miles altogether! We don't hike very often so this was a big deal for our out of shape little family. 
The hike was beautiful! We followed a pretty stream most of the way up. We were pretty well shaded for most of the way too.
This lake was our destination. It took us 2 1/2 hours to get here. The kids were ready to be done, but we still had to turn around and come back! I was worried we'd run out of energy. Actually, we did run out of energy but we kept going. It was easier on the way back because we were going down hill most of the time. Clint, Sarah and Caleb even got to see some bears eating berries!


I loved it! But am very sore still. Clint and I think we'll try a shorter hike next time.
I loved it! But am very sore still. Clint and I think we'll try a shorter hike next time.

5 comments:
You might shoot for Tablerock next time! :) How fun though to do that with your little family! What troopers to go all the way! It looks like a beautiful place, well worth the hike!
You guys are hiking warriors. We tried to hike Tent Rocks a few months ago and Amber is just too slow.
I am way impressed. Now the kids can all say they went on an 8 mile hike.
Congrats, guys! That's awesome. Sounds like you had a good time. I'm doing good to walk down the street. Not a walker at all.:) I did take the dog and kids out for a walk the other day. Maybe I'll get there.:)
Good show! Russ did that hike last yr and loved it - said it was gorgeous! Now you have beautiful pics and memories... :D
Post a Comment