Thursday, August 6, 2009

So much stuff

Oh dear, I'm way behind! We had our family vacation last month. Spent a week in Utah(2 days at Lagoon). We went on Thursday, stayed in a hotel in Layton and "Bounced back" on Friday(which means we got in at a much discounted price). I will spare you the thousand pictures I took. We spent the rest of the time at Chad and Angie's.
We had a ward campout last weekend. It was fun! And a beautiful spot. Clint had the chance to dress up in armor and fight. The short knight is Clint. His opponent has been doing this for years so he's going easy on Clint. When he hits Clint in the head it's considered a "death blow" and the fight is over.
Sarah played at being a "Master Hairdresser" She spent what seemed like hours doing my hair. She assured me I didn't look like a nerd and that lots of moms have their hair like this(I personally can't think of any). She told me "Masters" had to use LOTS of spray(water in a spray bottle) so I was soaked by the time she was through. But it was fun.

Caleb turned 10 yesterday. We partied at Big Judd's. Here he is with a "Big Judd" hamburger(1 pound of beef). His goal was to eat it all by himself. He finished a little more than half of it.And Sarah lost her first 2 teeth...they had to be pulled out by the dentist because she had a permanent one coming in.


We had a thunderstorm last night. Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of lightening with a digital camera and no training? I was proud of myself for this shot:-)

4 comments:

Rebekah B. said...

Wow! Looks like it's been a great last couple of weeks! That picture of the lightening is amazing... I'm proud of you too.

The Francis Family said...

I loved seeing the pictures and hearing about the kids. Sarah's teeth -ouch! The photo of lightening is awesome and I'm very impressed.

Pirate Princess said...

That was an AWESOME lightening storm - I haven't uploaded Russell's pics of it yet, but he was excited because he got some good ones too.

Looks like ya'll have been staying busy! Happy birthday to Caleb - they are all growing so fast. You earn the "Mother of the Year" award for sitting through the makeover! :D

Pirate Princess said...

PS I answered your shopping question on the blog. :)