Well, this will be my last diet update...probably. I'm done with the drops. My lowest weight was 14 pounds lost. However, in the first 3 days after ending the drops I gained 4 back. I didn't do anything wrong...well, apparently I did, but the book says it often happens that your weight will stabilize a few pounds higher than it was on your last day. And so it appears, for all that pain and misery I only lost 10 pounds! On the bright side, my clothes fit better, I am overjoyed at being able to eat 1500 calories, and think I could do less once this maintenance phase is over to lose more weight, and I don't crave sweets anymore, but am happy to eat veggies and fruit. I'm still supposed to avoid sugars and starches and most dairy for the next 2 weeks, and then add them back slowly. But when this is all over my set weight point should be 10 pounds lower than it was when I started! So the good outweighs the bad:-)
Also, all my kids have the swine flu(that includes Clint). I haven't had them tested, but they have all the symptoms and it's running rampant here in Idaho Falls so I'm treating them as if they do have it.
Dad.
6 years ago

4 comments:
Way to go, Melanie! What a test of self discipline.
Good luck with the swine flu in your house. Did you catch it or were you lucky enough to have it pass over without smacking you? I hear hospitals around here won't let pregnant women, children, or people with health issues even near the hospital because it's so rampant. Hang in there. Hope everyone is getting better.
Hope you're all recovering!! Glad you got some benefits from the diet!
Good job Mel. I have been dieting this month and have lost 10 lbs too. It is so nice to have pants that fit loosely again. And it's really nice to not be famished anymore like I was when I first started cutting the calories. Now, if I can just keep it up through the holidays.
Post a Comment