Saturday, May 2, 2009

Basketball season



Josh and Caleb are on YMCA teams this month for the first time ever. They are both doing very well. Josh is the MVP of his team, if I do say so myself, and he likes to be reminded of it often. He really does make at least 1/2 the points for his team each game. At his age level they don't keep score so I do it for him. Today they tied, but they've lost all their other games. These videos are from the first game and you can see they have no idea what they are supposed to be doing. His team(orange) just watches the other team play. Eventually they get the hang of it though and here he is making a basket.





I don't have any videos of Caleb. He is the rebound king. He stands under the basket and catches anything that comes down. He's also very good at assists. They both seem to love the game.

5 comments:

The Francis Family said...

Way to go Josh and Caleb. I love the basket video.

Par 5 said...

Perfect. What a perfect sport to love!! :) Definitely one of my favorites...you're boys will be pro's soon enough!

Julie Smith said...

I love me some basketball players. Now if only they will take up baseball.

Pirate Princess said...

I loved basketball as a kid. My girls hate it - they prefer baseball. lol!

Glad to hear they're having a great time - that's the best part. :)

Gallant Family said...

Love the thumbs up at the end!

No, you're saying our name correctly. It's when people don't know us and they pronounce it the German/English way. It just doesn't sound as cool. Plus, if they pronounce my first name as rhyming with Anna, then it REALLY sounds bad in combination with the mis-pronounced last name.