Saturday, August 21, 2010

tristake dance festival

The youth of our stake were able to participate in a tri-stake dance festival. Our Young Men and Women have been practicing for 4 months! Each stake had 4-6 dances that their youth performed. Then everyone participated in the big finale...
Our stake YM doing the Napoleon Dynamite dance. Can you spot Michael? He's kind of in the middle, towards the back, one of the shortest, skinniest kids, in darker jeans. He's so cute!The big finale. They did "The Circle of Life" and it was really cool. Michael's in a yellow shirt, but good luck finding him!

It was a really neat experience for everyone involved.

2 comments:

Claire said...

john and i think we found michael in the first pic (not the second!). I LOVED the dance festival I was in when I was a mia maid. I got to dress up like the Chiquita Banana lady (seriously, I can show you pics) and do the cha cha among other things. It was so much fun and the most dancing I've ever done (i'm not very good...john needs to teach me some). I'm glad it turned out well! And next time we see Michael, we want to see the ND dance, so keep practicing! :) Love you guys

Julie Smith said...

Wow. That sounds like quite an undertaking. I can't even get my son to go to monthly stake dances.