Saturday, December 8, 2007

First Blog



Hi everyone. I'm new to this so I hope it works as well as it seems like it should. Since this is a blog for people I know I won't go into a lot of detail about the family. I did want to start by saying Michael has taken over the spare bedroom. Those of you who have been to our home know we only have 3 bedrooms. All the kids used to share one room, while the spare was for my stuff, and visitors, and storage etc. Michael, being 10, decided he was ready for his own space(I don't blame him) So he moved all his stuff in and has it decorated very nicely with posters of cars and his favorite pictures on the walls. He also has a quote from the scriptures hangin on the wall..."Let your light so shine before men..." I can't remember the reference right now. Anyway, the room is still available for company, he's willing to move out for a night or two:-)


Also, we have tickets to the Rexburg Temple open house at the end of December. We're taking the kids, but I must say Sarah is the most excited. She's telling EVERYONE about it. She mentions it in her prayers, "Bless us to be quiet when we go to the Temple..." And she's planning to wear her white dress so she can pretend to be getting married. It's so sweet to see her so excited about it.
We put our Christmas tree up today, and got out all our decorations. Talk about a MESS! I felt like I had to rearrange the whole house to make room for our tree. I moved our little couch over, behind which I had a bunch of craft items hidden. I had to move all my "hidden" craft items into other rooms and stuffed them under beds and in closets. We either need a bigger house(yes) or I need to get rid of a few things(Nah). Well, kids are complaining and fighting so I'll sign off for today.

3 comments:

The Francis Family said...

I'm so happy you are blogging! Your comments about moving around the "hidden" stuff was funny. You have always been such a great writer. I especially liked hearing about Sarah's upcoming wedding - the only temple wedding I can attend...Congradulations to Michael having his own space. That's a big deal too. Can't wait to read more posts. :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great Mel. Is was curious, do people call you Mel or is it just a written thing. I don't think I've ever called you Mel, always Melanie. A paradox I guess. Anyway, I was wondering if you were goign to write about politics and/or celebrity news at all? Maybe its not that kind of a blog. It all looks great. I'll save it as a favorite and check on it daily, it'll be like we never left! ~Moroni

Kliss said...

Melanie, I am glad to see you started a blog. It is so much fun to see what is going on with your family.