Monday, December 31, 2007

Rexburg Temple Open House

Today was the big day! Sarah hummed "The wedding march" all the way to Rexburg. She and Josh were right beside the tour guide all the way through. The way the tour was set up was perfect. No one had to wait very long for anything. We started out in the Chapel by the Temple, watched a short video about temples(which I am sure Emily's mom was in. Do you know anything about that Emily?), then a guide took us through a covered walkway to the temple. I'm so glad they covered it because it is freezing here! After a quick tour of the beautiful temple we returned to the chapel for cookies and punch. The whole thing only took about 90 minutes. It was very nice, and the kids fell asleep on the way home.


Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you guys got to see the Rexburg Temple and we haven't. I guess its no surprise since we live in Wisconsin. Well, that's great. Hopefully Christmas and New Years was a blast for you all. We love ya,

The (Wisconsin) Mills Family

Kristee and Jared said...

Mel,

The blog looks great. It is so fun to see the pictures. Great job on the slide show!

Love,
Kristee
(Clint's Cousin)

Emily said...

I think that Sarah humming the wedding march is the cutest thing ever. We are still hoping that we are going to make it to the open house. My mom did tell me that she was in the video. She's not sure what to think about it, but I think it's great. I just need to see it now. Sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad you are all O.K.

The Francis Family said...

The openhouse sounds like it was really cool, we are sorry we missed it. The slide show is awesome, how did you figure it out?

Rebekah B. said...

your blog is fun to read. the temple is beautiful.

Rebekah B. said...

your blog is fun to read. the temple is beautiful.