Tuesday, March 11, 2008

kites


I got the kids $1 kites for Easter, but forgot to hide them. Oh well. It was so fun to watch the kids racing up and down our street with their hands high over their heads trying to get the kites to fly. I smiled and laughed and felt nice and warm inside...for about 2 minutes.
Then came the really thin strings that needed to be untangled after every run, the disappointed face of Josh because his kite had a rip in it(he didn't give up though, even though I kept telling him to!), The kites that got stuck in the trees. All of these things turned my happy, warm feeling into stress and frustration. Little Sarah was the cutest running back and forth with her big boots and winter coat on. She was enjoying herself so much and trying to get the kite to fly really high that she didn't see the parked car on the side of the road and ran straight into it. It would have been very funny if she hadn't been hurt. She's also been sick all weekend with a bad cold and fever so it wasn't really that funny(but I laughed anyway, to myself, as I hugged her better)
We found out today that she has an ear infection so the two of us came home from the doctor and took a nice long nap. Which made me wonder, what would I do if I had no kids at home to keep me awake during the day? Talk about lazy!

4 comments:

The Francis Family said...

I laughed at the Sarah accident story. Don't you love those things you buy and think "this will be great" but it ends up being the biggest pain.

Anonymous said...

I laughed at Sarah's story too. haha. but that too bad she's sick. no fun.

I tell you what you'd do with no kids at home, you'd probably do a lot more projects. :) love you
mandy

Kliss said...

I had to laugh at this one because we've done the kite thing too. It is so much more fun in theory. I have kites from 2 years ago that we haven't used because we are pretty much to lazy and aren't ready for the disappointment.

Pirate Princess said...

I don't know how you could stand the cold wind! It's nice out, but chills me to my bones!

I hope Sarah gets better, poor tike. Icky ears. :(