Sunday, August 3, 2008

Humbling experience

I was wearing a dress today that I haven't been able to fit into for a while and was feeling pretty good about it. Sarah told me after church, "Mom, you look really pretty in that dress. Too bad it doesn't fit."
I was going to post a picture of me in it, but then you'd all see that she was right!
Also, I unfortuately asked Clint to trim my hair in the back...just to make it all even. He ended up making one side 2 inches shorter than the other. It was sweet of him to try, but I had to spend half an hour trying to even it up, all the while my hair got shorter and shorter! Ugh! It's still a mess and I won't be able to get it fixed until after our Trek! I'm not very happy at this moment.
We leave for our stake youth conference trip to Martin's Cove early tomorrow. Will be gone til Thurs. Tami and Jared will be watching our kids for us. Good luck to them!

3 comments:

Rebekah B. said...

It all sounds like something I would do! :) I'm sure it looked much better than what you think. Just wear it in a ponytail all week. Have fun on your trek, can't wait to hear about it, and see pictures!

Queen of the Castle said...

lol... we all have those moments. :P

The Trek sounds like fun!

The Francis Family said...

It reminds me of babysitting as a teenager and having the kids say "What are all those red bumps on your face?" I have a goal to gain self confindence in my 30's because I think I wasted a lot of my 20's not appreciating what I had. Let's do it!!