Friday, September 5, 2008

odds and ends

I've been saving up things to post until I have time and now I have so much stuff I can't remember it all! Below is Caleb's scout activity at the sand dunes here in I.F. It was too windy to actually BBQ so we played for awhile then headed back to the church.



Here's Sarah with the ragged quilt I made for Amy's new baby.


We went to Utah last weekend to see the new baby. She's so tiny and cute. The kids took turns holding her. You can tell by the look of the kids that they'd been playing pretty hard! They went mini-golfing with Clint and Chad and had so much fun, but also got so hot!.I even had time to visit John and Claire Sat. morning.In the evening I was able to go to the Payson production of Beauty and the Beast. It was very well done! My old roomie from BYU(Kristi) was the music director of the play. Here we are afterwards. It was so fun to see her again! It'd been a good 8 years at least. In all, it was a quick trip, but I feel we accomplished a lot:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the picture of you and Kristi! I loved seeing you both. We didn't make it to the play but I appreciated you telling me about it anyway. I hope you'll tell me about future stuff she does.

Pirate Princess said...

Oh very sweet! You've always made such beautiful quilts. There's sand dunes here in IF? I thought they were only in ST Anthony?

lol - and I thought I was getting to finally know the city a little. :P

The Francis Family said...

Mel, Thanks for coming to visit. We loved having your family stay. Just this morning Grace told me that Josh got wet and cried and Sarah left the door open with the smoke (from when Chad had a little cooking disaster.) I wonder if she had a dream? Love the new look of the blog too.