Monday, September 15, 2008

Sarah waxes philosphical

Sarah's been so cute today. She came to me this morning after playing by herself for awhile. She had a smile on her face and tears in her eyes. She'd just been singing a song about Jesus(that she'd made up), and it made her feel so happy that she was crying. I encouraged her and told her that she was feeling the Holy Ghost. Next she came to me saying she had just been praying that everyone in the world could be nice and kind to each other. I told her those were great things to pray about. Then we got her ready for school. She borrowed a pair of my earrings, and she really liked her outfit and wanted to put fingernail polish on to complete the whole look. We couldn't find any here, and since she'd been so happy all morning, we made a quick trip to the store and she bought some polish with her allowance. On the way home she said, "Mom, I just feel happiness in my heart." After we got the polish on she was explaining to me about how if people feel pretty on the inside then they are pretty on the outside, and if you feel yucky on the inside then you look yucky. "What's important is what's on the inside." She told me. It's times like these that make the trials worth it!
The nails....

The earrings....The complete look....

4 comments:

Kristee and Jared said...

The complete ensemble looks great! What deep, but true, thoughts for a kid!!

. said...

cute sarah! she sure sounds grown up for 5!

Pirate Princess said...

She's quite smart for her age!! :)

The Francis Family said...

I'm so happy you were able to get a girl after all those boys! She's so pure and girly. I love her and she has a wonderful Mom as an example.