We signed the boys, Michael and Caleb, up for flag football through YMCA. Michael has already decided he doesn't like it. During his first practice they teamed the dads against the boys in a scrimmage. Many of the dads were actually blocking the kids, and intercepting the passes, rather than going easy on the kids. Isn't that funny? I mean, hello, they are 10! I helped Michael memorize plays today before his practice. It was good for me since I had no idea what all the initials and the little X's and O's meant anyway. So I helped him learn where the LR runs when the QB hands off to the RB, and which direction the WR goes, etc. Impressive huh? I feel like I could run some of the plays myself now! Caleb seemed pretty apathetic about his first practice, he could take it or leave it. The boys both have their first game on Sat. so we'll see how it goes. I've been reading a series of books called Millenial Glory by Wendie Edwards. I like the story line, but I have never in my life read books with so many typos and other mistakes. It's hard to get through them because I'm correcting everything as I go along. I'd almost like to buy the set(I've been getting them from the library), fix all the mistakes, and then send the author the books so she can reprint them. It's crazy! So why am I still reading them? Good question. I want to see what happens when the Millenium begins! I like books about the last days. Chris Stewart has a really good series called The Great and Terrible about the same subject. His volume 5 comes out next month. Right now I have 2 books I'm reading and one I'm listening to on my mp3 player. That's how I end up getting so many read. So, that's all.
3 comments:
Oh my! I am reading this and panic begins to creep over me - I don't think I can do that when my boys are older! I absolutely loathe football. Great to watch once a year, but bored to tears when it comes to the plays. Maybe my boys won't want to do that...
I'm in awe Melanie. I really am. :)
Right on Coach! : ) I HATE it when I find typos in a book I'm reading! It drives me crazy!
I love that you're teaching football plays! What a woman!! Glad to see that the second week of football went better.
I'm going to have to check out some of your book suggestions. Reading The Holy Secret right now. It as good as the Peacegiver.
Post a Comment