Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday project



This was my Sat. project. We bought 3 bikes today. It was cheaper to assemble them myself, so that's what I did. It only took me about 4 hours, and my neighbor had to come help me finish up because I didn't have the right tools, or the strength to tighten everything.




But here's Caleb on his bike,









and Sarah on hers. Technically, she didn't need a new one so I don't know what I was thinking. Her old bike was a 12", and this one is a 16", but the 12" still fit her fine. Sometimes I just buy things we don't need and then I feel so guilty! Ugh. Oh well. Josh also got a new bike. He really needed one. His old one was also a 12", but his new one is 18" That's a big difference!

Poor Michael did not get anything new, so he played in the boxes.

3 comments:

Hillman Family said...

Michael is such a good sport! The bikes look great. I am sure the kids will have a lot of fun this summer on their bikes. And don't feel too guilty, who doesn't buy something they don't really need every once in a while? It's ok!

The Francis Family said...

I'm impressed you put the bikes together! They look great and the kids with love them.... and Sarah would of needed a bigger bike soon enough anyway.

Pirate Princess said...

I couldn't have done that Mealnie - that's a talent!