I discovered something about Josh this week. He doesn't like change, especially when it concerns his personal items. I bought new shoelaces to put into his and Caleb's shoes. I began with Josh's and cut the shoelaces off. When he discovered what I'd done, he threw a fit!! Didn't I realize "Shoey" was one of his best friends? And now I ruined him! He'd never be able to find another shoe like that one. He swore he'd never wear shoes again!(By the way, the shoelaces are white, but the shoes are dirty so they are no longer white). He dug the cut up shoelaces out of the trash can and asked if I'd put them back into the shoe. Of course I couldn't do that. He cried and cried and cried. I think he was tired, but still...isn't that going a little bit overboard?! He was much better the next day and even liked the idea that his new shoelaces had silver ends.

2 comments:
lol Mel - it's just a matter of personality. Over time he'll get over it - I remember my friends at camp hanging my stuffed rabbit and they were in shock when I freaked out. And even as an adult, I really can't explain why it was so devestating - it just was. So I can totally relate to Josh's feelings, esp. if he had a special name for them...
On the other hand, sometimes it's time to say good-bye! :)
Mel, How could you!! Just kidding. This story just makes me love Josh all the more. What a character.
Post a Comment